Saturday, March 21, 2009

Second Round Heart Attack

So my Zags nearly did me in tonight. Keith and I had no choice but to abandon my parents and head for a sports bar that would be airing the GU-Western Kentucky game. My sister and bro-in-law joined us for dinner and refreshments. A few more Zags fans and a lot of U of M fans filled up the place. There were multiple televisions going, but as the Uof M women slowly faded into the sunset, everyone became engaged in the Bulldog battle. It was a great environment in which to watch the game as no one seemed to mind when we had outburts of enthusiasm or disappointment at the Zags performance. The Zags did not disappoint, but they definitely made it heart-wrenching along the way. A couple of times I had to just not look as it came down to the last seconds with Goodson pulling off the last two pointer with 7 seconds left in the game. Talk about cutting it close - sheesh!

Sweet Sixteen. Taking on a one-seed. The what-ifs are swirling around in my head. Weirder things have happened. Go Zags!

3 Comments:

At March 25, 2009 at 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So my friend....are you going to write that profound message, that only you could do, for all to read when the hours of the night are long and we are looking for that special message that only certain people could write? :)
Take care...just giving you a bad time:)
J..(former letter stuffer)

 
At March 27, 2009 at 3:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I trust you will be watching the game tonight. I am sure many will be watching and yelling "GO ZAGS."-I will probably be able to hear your cheers in my neck of the woods.(or as my dad would say-he was just giving instructions to the team as he had a better view of the whole situation from his chair!)

I will look for you in the bleachers!!

Enjoy your evening and the game.

 
At March 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Cathey said...

It's true I haven't been feeling profound lately. Been consumed with basketball, which I love so much. I was cheering, but apparently it wasn't enough. I'm sure one of these days there will be something deep to write about. Hang in there, friend. You are missed.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home