Sunday, February 15, 2009

Where Does the Time Go?!


So this week Whitney and Travis have birthdays; they are both turning 25. TWENTY-FIVE!!!!! They may be that old, but that would mean that I'm.....well, let's just say older than THAT. To comprehend that my baby girl came along 25 years ago is sort of....incomprehensible. Seems like just yesterday. I think since this is a milestone birthday, it gives me license to reminisce a bit.

I remember the day she was born. And the day before that. And the day before that. AND the day before that. It took her that many days (63 hours of labor) to decide to enter the world. A bit of a traumatic beginning, but it all ended well. She was a teeny tiny perfect little version of me. Now, over time she has taken on some of the physical and character traits of her father, but when she was born, she was a me clone. We were SOOO excited and happy with our little girl. We (I should probably say "I" here) dressed her in pink and ruffles and bows and loved showing her off. We knew from the start that she would be brilliant, talented, beautiful, and practically perfect in every way. She hasn't disappointed. Twenty five years later, we are so proud of the wonderful, godly woman she has become. She gives so much of herself, works hard at what she takes on, finds joy and laughter in so many things, uses her God-given gifts faithfully. She chose a wonderful husband who enhances everything she is and does. And one of these years, they will hopefully give me amazing grandchildren (sorry guys, it just HAD to be said).

Happy birthday
Whitney Mishelle &
Travis Benjamin Franklin.
We love you both!!!!

2 Comments:

At February 15, 2009 at 1:21 PM , Blogger Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

what a nice tribute! Btw, I LOVE the new spring blog look.. I might have to go check it out for changing mine up soon.

 
At February 18, 2009 at 3:46 PM , Blogger KrazyKaren4Kidz said...

I think your kids are wonderful and that says a lot about your parenting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home