Friday, December 26, 2008

I'm Done


I have tried to make the best of a bad winter. Have I mentioned how much I dislike winter? But now I am done. It's snowing like crazy and we are supposed to get 6-12 more inches tonight and tomorrow. Christmas kept my spirits up, but now that, too, has passed and we just have winter. At this rate, I won't even be able to put the Christmas stuff away because we can't get to the boxes that are in our shed. The snow plows can't keep up with it. We didn't get garbage or mail service the last few days. Don't know if we will be able to get out at all tomorrow. I'm done, I tell you!!

By way of entertainment today, Keith, Whitney and Travis and I went to see "Marley and Me". We thought this would be a fun, lighthearted family movie for dog lovers. Do not take small children to see this movie. I cried like a baby. I don't want to reveal the plot for those of you who will choose to bring your day into a total downer, but let me just tell you, it didn't lift my spirits. I had to come home and hug my dogs and granddogs! I didn't need to be further depressed, thanks! I should have read the book and then I would have known what I was getting into. The only forewarning was that groups of of people with red eyes kept walking out of that theater as we were standing in line.

I'm so done I am ready to hibernate till spring. But only if my dogs will join me....

2 Comments:

At December 31, 2008 at 8:18 PM , Blogger bu said...

Cheer up Cathey,

We have past the shortest day of the year so in my book we are on the way up! Everyday we get just a moment more of light. I'm with you on the winter. I live hear winter just so I can have the other 3 seasons, which are all my favorite!
I'm done at the church and turned in my key, I will miss you!

Wendy

 
At December 31, 2008 at 8:20 PM , Blogger bu said...

here...........not hear
opps

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home