Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Aaahhh.....Christmas.


I am a creature of habit.  I try to be open to change, but when it comes right down to it, I like traditions.  Especially when it comes to Christmas.  My traditions usually include decorating the house right after Thanksgiving.  I like to make it last as long as possible.  

However, THIS year we were out of town for Thanksgiving weekend.  THIS year Thanksgiving is later than usual.  THIS year the week after Thanksgiving has been especially busy.  THIS year I have struggled for the last three days to get the tree up and house decorated.  I didn't have the nice leisurely day after Thanksgiving to spend the whole day listening to Christmas music, drinking the hot spiced cider, decorating the trees (yes, I have two), setting up the nativities, arranging the snowmen and Santas, and so on.  Then in the evening, I like to sit in front of the tree in the dark and just take it in.  

But, tonight after work I FINALLY got the trees up and MOST of the decorating done.  It didn't have the same magic as usual and felt like a lot of work.  But it's done.  And sitting in the dark staring at the living room tree (the extra fancy red, white and sparkly snowflake designer-type tree), NOW it's Christmas.  I still have the nativities to set up and the snowmen to arrange, but NOW it feels like the celebration I look forward to each year.  NOW I'm ready.  NOW it's about taking time to enjoy the celebration, remember the reason, and once again have the best birthday party for the best baby ever.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home