Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Very Full Social Calendar


This was a week all about spending time with people. I am not generally a social butterfly and though I have lots of meaningful relationships, I'm not necessarily one who socializes every night of the week. This last week included a visit from my sis and bro-in-law, a bunko night, "tea" with Kathryn, a card-making party at my house, Christmas shopping with Whitney and Kathryn, dinner at Olive Garden with Whit and Trav, and small group. PHEW! Definitely great times all around, but now I am ready for a down day. I read a book once that suggested that introverts get their energy from having solitary time while extroverts get their energy from being with people. I am definitely more the former than the latter. Tomorrow I intend to sleep in, drink coffee in my p.j.s till I feel like showering, finish a book I started on the plane to Baltimore, do a little laundry, and reorganize my craft room while listening to Christmas music. My idea of a nearly perfect day.

I can't resist reporting that I had an outstanding Fantasy Football week, finishing first for the week and moving up three spots in the league. This is due in part to the fact that Whitney took pity and gave me her number two quarterback, Kurt Warner. I feel a teeny bit guilty that she had a lousy week, but not too guilty as she is still at the top (though being challenged by Keith who has been in hot pursuit for several weeks now). My success was not solely based on that great trade since most of my players finally all had good weeks at once. I probably can't expect it to happen consistently since, after all, it is a game that is predictably unpredictable. But for this week, I am doing the happy endzone dance.

We're looking forward to spending Thanksgiving in Portland. It will be a Schmonlin (Schmid, Cone, Franklin) holiday with side visits to family, friends, and Ikea. Hoping the nasty Gorge weather holds off till we get back as we have had some pretty interesting trips through there this time of year.

Next will be all the prep for the Christmas season. I'm already in the mood and have over half of my shopping done. I can't wait!

3 Comments:

At November 17, 2008 at 6:45 AM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

life is crazy at times we just go go go. glad you are going to take a little slow down time. that is something I am learning to do also.

 
At November 17, 2008 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Half your shopping? HALF? How on earth did you get half your shopping done.. Dang. If I could come up with the money, I'd just let you & Karen shop for me!

 
At November 18, 2008 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Cathey Cone said...

Hmmm....a professional shopper....there's something appealing about that idea....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home