Thursday, October 23, 2008

Travel Plans

Keith and I are headed to Baltimore tomorrow to spend some time with the Milarch family. We have known Lauren since she was about 10. She and Whitney were friends through the dance groups that they were in, and Lauren spent a lot of time with our family over the years. She and her husband Ben moved from Spokane to White Plains, MD, last year as Ben is a helicopter pilot in the USAF. Their daughter Madeline is our god-daughter and their son Max is Whitney and Travis's godson. Both "Moo" and Max took part in Whit and Trav's wedding. We are excited to go see them and also see a part of the country we have never been to before. You might send up some flares for this young family. Lauren has been diagnosed with M.S., Max has recently been diagnosed as autistic, and Ben is being deployed to Iraq for a year. That's some pretty hard stuff to deal with as a "single" mom. Lauren is hoping to move back to Spokane while Ben is gone. We would love to have her and the kids back in the area.

Off to the friendly skies bright and early in the a.m. I'm sure I'll have lots of pics and stories when we get back.

4 Comments:

At October 23, 2008 at 2:15 PM , Blogger Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

 
At October 23, 2008 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Cathey said...

I will miss you, too, and I'll try to feel all sad and contrite a time or two while I'm gone just so you know I haven't forgotten you. Just kidding, seriously though, I will be praying the WHOLE time I'm gone and you CAN call my cell any time at all. Love ya!

 
At October 23, 2008 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

have a safe trip. nice to know there is a back up house to have a party in.

 
At October 23, 2008 at 4:17 PM , Blogger Cathey said...

Our son has probably already trumped you in the party department, but as long as the house is still standing when we get back, I'm good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home