Thursday, October 16, 2008

Where Do Those Quirky Random Thoughts Come From?

So today was a difficult day as we said goodbye to Seth once more and laid him to rest at Fairmont Memorial Park. It was poignant that Seth was buried in the same cemetery and the same section of that cemetery that Brandon was 20 years ago. In fact, Kathryn and I have decided that they are neighbors really.

I have always wondered if I am just weird, or if other people who are going through tragic circumstances experience strange and random thoughts at the most awkward times. I won't go into the details of some of my quirky thoughts because some people would find them at best odd and at worst sick. But Kathryn popped off with a couple of comments today that confirmed to me that it really is normal to be weird in times like these (sorry, Kathryn - but you have to admit....). And perhaps these thoughts are God's protection during deep pain. Perhaps He knows we need a little comic relief just to survive and brings these thoughts into our heads.

We laughed together a couple of times today when one of our minds would go places most people would not understand if they had not experienced this phenomenon. I was pretty much always afraid to tell people where my head went sometimes in the midst of hospital vigils, meetings with funeral directors, memorial services, etc. Now, after spending time with K & L this evening, at least I know I am not alone in my bizarre random thoughts. Whether we're normal or not, I'm still not sure. I don't think I'll ask anyone because I'm still sort of afraid of the answer.

1 Comments:

At October 17, 2008 at 7:56 AM , Blogger Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

I am cracking up over here. And I've already addressed the "normal" question (at least for myself!). Thanks again for being here for us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home