Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Followers


So I noticed that a few of my blog friends started noting their "followers". I'm interested to know who reads my blog on a regular basis. For instance, I had no idea Jean read my blog regularly. I had no idea that what I write might be interesting enough for people to check it out more than once. I had no idea blogging would take on a life and community of its own.

So if you do check out my blog every so often, I'd love to know you're out there. Maybe I should start a list for what people would like to see on my blog. A blog menu of sorts. I'm open to suggestion.

I know for sure that I have a "follower" in real life. We have had our female Australian shepherd, Sydney, for six years now. While I enjoy dogs, I'm not crazy about what it means to live with them (dirt, hair, worse than that....) and having grown up on a ranch, my idea of having a dog is one that lives outside and works for its keep. However, this amazing dog won my heart early on. She is very smart, super expressive and truly a companion. As I go from room to room in the house, she follows me from place to place, and lays near to where I am. I can actually carry on a conversation with Syd and we both know what we are talking about. She's mostly very tidy and not much trouble. Sort of the ideal pet and not a bad follower, either. I do think she's one of a kind in that she has birthed six puppies and none are quite like her.

Anyone else out there have a favorite follower?

3 Comments:

At October 9, 2008 at 6:48 AM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

glad it works on your blog. I just set it for the 3rd time on mine maybe it will work this time. try it again and let me know.

 
At October 9, 2008 at 9:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I follow your blog. You help me learn more of the Lord and always have other interesting things to say.
Dogs...are they wonderful and sometimes a challenge? I am reading the book "Saturdays with Stella" by Allison Pittman. Best described as she says "How my dog taught me to sit, stay and come when God calls." A book worth reading especially when one has a new dog or even one who has been with the family for some time. You might enjoy it.

If I knew how to leave you a butterfly on my messages, then you would know they are from me! But for now...

God Bless you.
Jean

 
At October 10, 2008 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Cathey said...

Thanks Jean! Sounds like a book I would enjoy....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home