Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Blog Addiction


My name is Cathey and it's been four days since my last blog. This was pointed out to me by my friend Kathryn who apparently thinks I should blog at least once a day so she has something to read while sitting at the hospital. Blogging is a serious addiction -not only for those who blog, but for those who read other people's blogs. I have a list that I check every day. Now mind you, SOME people will go WEEKS between blogs. This is very disappointing for those of us who check our blog lists every day. SOME people blog more than once a day. I have only done that once and it really was more about breaking up a lengthy blog than it was needing to blog three times. So, anyway, Kathryn, this one's for you!!!

We've been hanging out at the hospital some and tonight we took dinner and some very unhealthy snacks up to Seth's room so Kathryn and Leland would be spared at least ONE night in the hospital cafeteria. Seth's condition hasn't changed much in the past few days. And so we wait. I told Kathryn it's a terrible oxymoron - wanting it to be over and being scared to death it will be. We continue to pray for God's intervention and timing.

Kathryn also told me I should blog about fantasy football, I think just because it's mindless entertainment for her - ha, ha! I had another dismal week. Two of my players got hurt and left mid-game. My Seahawks defense LOST me points and their tight end scored zero in their embarrassing loss to the Giants. Two people in my league actually had worse weeks than me, but the pathetic scoring of my team seems to be becoming a pattern - BLAH! So what to do.....more adding and dropping? Begging my daughter for a trade since she's over 100 points ahead of everyone else? Pretending I just don't care? Refusing to watch Stattracker? Good thing I have these very important decisions to distract me, right Kathryn?

Oh yeah, I didn't mention that Keith and I ran away to Missoula for the weekend, took in a wedding and a movie, did a little shopping, enjoyed the ride through the beautiful colors of fall all while reading "The Shack" out loud. Enjoyable little getaway for just the two of us.

Today Whitney and Travis have been married two whole years. They are such the happy couple and we couldn't be more delighted. Being around them just makes me smile.... And I won't even mention the fact that I STILL don't have any grandkids..... :)

3 Comments:

At October 8, 2008 at 12:06 AM , Blogger Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Well, let me know if Whitney comes around.. on trading I mean. Not grandkids. ha ha.

Thanks for the chuckle. And the food.

 
At October 8, 2008 at 4:30 AM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

I can see a support group may be in order for us bloggers. Glad to see the blogs give kathryn something light hearted to think about. I re-set the follower list on my blog so if you want try it again. not sure what is up. Have a good day. Kim

 
At October 8, 2008 at 10:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back in the blog world. I have missed reading your insights into many things!
Give Kathryn and Leland my love and let them know I am praying daily for complete healing for little Seth. Miracles happen, trust me. Thanks for the updats on Seth, Kathryn, Leland and family.

Take care and know your blog is read (and checked :) EVERYDAY.
Blessings,
Jean

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home