Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Time of Respite


Just what the "Doctor" ordered - some time away. I really needed to just step out of my life for a few days to reenergize, get some perspective, and just breathe. I have spent the last couple days with my Montana family. Even the drive over with amazing scenery and some good tunes helped. The colors are just starting to turn in the Rockies and I'd be hard pressed to find a more beautiful depiction of God's creation.

While here, between visiting with my Mom and Dad and sisters, I read "The Shack". It's a pretty amazing book that I may have to read twice to absorb. It rattles the cages of our assumptions about God. it challenges what we may have come to believe about His purposes and ways with us. It is a book that leads to pondering about our lives and how we are living them. The section about judging God gave me a lot of food for thought. If you haven't read it, do. You will think of tons of people you will want to share it with. It isn't the Bible; it may not even be completely accurate; it may take some liberties that are somewhat off-base. But it's thought provoking, endearing and challenging. I highly recommend it.

One more day here, then I head back home. I'm ready to tackle life there again, though parts of it continue to be hard. With the help of "Papa" (read "The Shack") I will push onward and upward....

3 Comments:

At September 28, 2008 at 3:17 PM , Blogger Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

I"m chuckling to myself because "The Shack" which I've started and then got distracted from (you think?) is actually in my backpack!!

I guess I could put away the laptop and dig it out...

 
At September 29, 2008 at 11:00 AM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

I have been avoiding this book for sometime now but it keeps being brought up every few days I guess I need to read it.

 
At September 29, 2008 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Cathey said...

Do it! Go into it with an open mind and just let God work through it. Probably we all take something different from it. You can read it in a few hours, but once you start, you won't want to put it down.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home