Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Eternal Perspective


I've been reflecting a lot lately due to losing Mitch, praying for Baby Seth, visiting my parents, reading "The Shack", studying Revelation 1-3, listening to Pastor Glenn's sermon series..... Sometimes I think God has to bring me up short, hit me over the head, shake things up to remind me about eternal perspective. It's so easy to get caught up in the day to day routine, buzzing through life and not spending enough time with the proper priorities. Consider me reminded, God!

2 Comments:

At October 1, 2008 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

talk about hitting you over the head. It is as if God is hitting me over the head with these book, I am fighting it due to childhood abuse and what started out with two friends saying I should read it a year ago to someone different bringing it up once a month. It has now come to Nancy Teal suggesting it, then came her honey who put it on his blog, someone I work with on young life saw me in the book story, trying to avoid it and told me to read it. It keeps coming up in conversations (several times in the last two weeks), on the radio and now twice on your blog.

Okay Lord "I surrender". I am going to get the book trust in God to carry me through it as I deal with my memories of abuse and I Know I'll grow in my faith. I guess I can't hide from him any longer he may just throw the book right at my head soon.

 
At October 1, 2008 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Cathey said...

I pray you will be blessed by reading it and not hurt in any way by it. I found it very comforting and challenging.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home