Saturday, October 11, 2008

Brief Moments of Light

Keith and I spent the evening with our favorite hospital residents last night. We shared a little chicken teriyaki and broccoli beef (so glad we picked your favorite, Kathryn!). We took turns holding Seth and telling stories and just being together. It's such a strange situation to be in - something so difficult and painful sprinkled with teeny little glimpses of light in the darkness. Leland met a pro football player in the elevator (Only Leland would recognize a player who went to the Superbowl in 1985!). Kathryn laughed out loud during a conversation with her 2.5- year- old, Kaleigh. Keith told about scaring a little old lady in the elevator. We laughed over my "third party offense" that K & L find amusing. (I know you are reading this, Kathryn and you can stop smiling now!)

Thank God He gives us brief moments of light to carry us through what otherwise seems to be endless dark clouds. Keith and I are happy that we can still share smiles with Kathryn and Leland even if they are smiling at our expense. I'm grateful for moments of joy in the midst of the deepest sorrow. Life is incredibly complicated, isn't it? Sometimes I wish I could figure it all out, but mostly I'm just glad I don't have to and that God already did.

1 Comments:

At October 11, 2008 at 6:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogging at its best. Sharing your own take on life with the world in a way that honors God.

Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home