Monday, October 13, 2008

Morning After

I can remember little about the days immediately following Brandon's death. It's all pretty much a blur of which I remember pieces rather than days. I do remember them as being incredibly hard. My heart remains heavy for Kathryn and Leland as they walk through this valley that happens now. They are missing their precious boy deeply as they take steps to try to put their family and life back together without him. They will need the strength that only God can provide more than ever. They will need their friends and church family to be especially sensitive and supportive. They may not even be able to sort through what it is they really need. Please keep praying. Please keep loving them.
This is the "grieving with hope" that Scripture talks about. There is no doubt that God is in control, that He is merciful and loving, that we have hope of sharing eternity with Seth. But in this broken life, it just hurts. We need to cling to the hope in the midst of the hurt. That's what I am working on today.

3 Comments:

At October 13, 2008 at 10:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cathey:
All yesterday and today I have had Kathryn, Leland and the kids on my mind. I have also had you and Keith on my mind and have prayed and prayed.
When one of our closest friends is hurting, we hurt with them. Yes in this broken world we deeply feel the hurts, but we rejoice in the comfort of promises of God. The hope He has given us, we carry with us.
I can't make it easier for any of you, but I can be there if you need. I am glad we met yesterday a.m. in the parking lot of church and you told me about Seth. No, I was not blessed to know Seth, but in my heart, I feel I knew that special little one. He is still special and always will be.

Let the tears fall Cathey, don't try to hold them back, for you and Keith are grieving too. Tears are good, it is a release to the pressure valve that can build up, so let them come and know it is ok to cry.

I thank God for you, that Kathryn has someone close who understands what it is to loose a child. I would hope Seth and Brandon have met and having a wonderful day as they share in love together with God. I am sure there are lots of toys in heaven but Seth and Brandon are probably busy getting to know each other first and then they will share those toys and they won't fight over who gets what first!

Be at peace my friend. Take comfort in God's promises and cling as you said to hope.

"For every tear in your eye, there is a prayer in my heart for you."

Love and prayers,
Jean
(P.S.-watch for the mail at the office this week :)

 
At October 13, 2008 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Cathey said...

You are so kind. I know you have had pain in your life, too, that God has helped you through. Because of that you are a wonderful encouragement to others. Your prayers are felt!

 
At October 13, 2008 at 8:11 PM , Blogger Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Cathey, I come back to this post when I need reminding that I'm "normal" (okay, that's questionable.. that what I"m going through is "normal" might be better) and to be reminded that we are grieving with HOPE. Thanks, friend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home