Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fall, Fantasy Football and the Pursuit of the Trivial

One of my friends who thinks a lot like I do in many areas of life, pointed out to me that my blog has been rather deep and profound lately and that she misses the "fun" stuff. So, at least for this blog, I will address the shallow, meaningless, trivial "other" stuff in my life.

1. Fall. There are some great things about it. I love the colors, the crisp sunny days, football, apple cider, pumpkins, Halloween, Thanksgiving. If it didn't lead into winter, it would be my second favorite season. There's something friendly, yet foreboding about fall. I love those fall days when the temperature defies the pattern and I don't have to wear a coat.

2. Fantasy football. This year I am writing off as a learning experience. I have made all the moves I can to get some higher point players, but they just aren't out there and the ones that are keep getting injured. I'm in the cellar this week and just hope to move up a couple notches before the season is over. On the flip side, I am in second place in our office pool. Go figure.

3. New season of television. I confess to enjoying television. In Montana there wasn't much else to do in the winter. As a kid I also read "bazillions" (Karen term) of books. My dad liked t.v. too, so we would watch it together. So though I rarely watch it in the summer, it helps pass the time in the winter. New shows have begun, new episodes of old shows have also started. I like Biggest Loser, Dancing with the Stars and look forward to new American Idols. (The best of reality t.v. in my opinion). I like crime and medical dramas (CSIs, Law & Orders, House, etc.), and I also like some of the quirky reality things out there (Ace of Cakes, Project Runway, What Not to Wear). I get restless just sitting and watching, so usually I'm multi-tasking while watching. I wonder what a modern version of a variety show would look like, and I long for a prime time cartoon that doesn't offend me. Whatever happened to Saturday night Flintstones and Jetsons? I still live for the Peanuts holiday specials. What are your favorites?
4. Gonzaga basketball. The thought of Bulldog basketball gets my blood pumping. I was a big fan before Whitney started working at G.U., but now following it is just one of my favorite fall/winter pastimes. Whitney even took me to a game last year - fabulous! Most years it carries me all the way through till March Madness. Go Zags!

There you go, my friend. Mindless drivel at it's best. I hope to see a comment from you.....

1 Comments:

At October 18, 2008 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

Cathey that is how I felt with my blog. I felt like putting something trivial on it the other day so I did. sometimes we just need something light to look at and laugh at. I have loved what you have had to say but I like the fun stuff as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home