Monday, November 24, 2008

I Can't Believe What I Can Be Talked Into...


Those of you who read regularly know that my son-in-law is one of my favorite people and because I have such a soft spot for him, I have a very hard time telling him "no" to anything he asks of me.  Thanks to Trav I now know more about football than anyone needs to because I watch practically ALL the games while running Stat-tracker, keeping track of not only MY Fantasy points, but everyone in my league's Fantasy points.  It's a crazy obsession (don't say I didn't warn all of you about my latent competativity).

So his latest request challenges all my rules of ideal shopping.  While in Portland, he wants us to get up pre-dawn to hit the stores on Black Friday and people watch.  Not necessarily intending to purchase anything, but just to watch the people go nuts over what they perceive to be unresistable deals.  First of all, I am not a morning person.  I generally am not fully awake till sometime around 9:00a.m. and only after at least two cups of coffee.  Let's just say I'm a slow starter.  And my perfect shopping experience involves going to the stores when they are LEAST busy.  I pretty much refuse to go to Walmart, but if and when I do, I like to go late at night or in the middle of the day on a Monday when I think the fewest amount of crazy Walmart shoppers will be there and the lines will be reasonable in length.  But Trav tells me this will be FUN!  I'm not too sure about that part, but I am game to give it a try this once. Because he asked me.

Report to follow.....

3 Comments:

At November 25, 2008 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

The Chaffin's love Travis. He was a great teacher to Hanna and never told her anything wrong. However, everyone can make a mistake. Are you nuts, don't listen to your wonderful son-in-law!! It is not fun, don't go, remember the wise men in your last post. I would rather wake up with my head stapled to the carpet then fight those crowds.

Okay so maybe it won't be bad, but remember people can be mean out there, sit back get a coffee and people watch. Tell travis if he is wrong he is treating you to dinner or better yet a pedicure. Happy Black Friday and crazy shopping, Kim

 
At November 25, 2008 at 2:10 PM , Blogger KrazyKaren4Kidz said...

I love black Friday--it really is fun! The crowd is awesome and the competition great--ENJOY!

 
At November 25, 2008 at 4:39 PM , Blogger Cathey said...

Kim, your response made me laugh out loud. I'm picturing your head stapled to the carpet - makes me crack up every time.

Karen, I'm not surprised at all that you love the crowds and frenetic activity. No one loves craziness like you.

I'm sure I will have stories to tell.....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home