Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas Anticipation


I am totally already in the mood for Christmas. It is my favorite holiday hands down and I embrace so many aspects of it. I love that it is all about that one special life - a baby like no other. But I also enjoy everything else that comes with the celebration of the birth of Christ. I love the music, the decorating, the card exchanging, the gift giving, the gatherings, the Christmas sweaters, the cookies, the church services, the family times.

I think part of the reason I am already jumping to Christmas even though Thanksgiving hasn't come and gone yet is that at Timberview where I work, we start making plans for Christmas in early November. Another reason is that I see it in all the stores and I have already done a good chunk of the shopping. I start making my Christmas cards in November so I have time to get them all done. My first official Christmas gathering will be at Kim's house on Saturday.

Some of you may think it is WAY to early to get enthused, but I say, "Let's make the best celebration of the year last as long as possible." Some may have the opinion that we should avoid all the secular so that we don't lose focus of the meaning behind the season. I say, "It's one of the most important times of the year, let's embrace ALL of it while keeping Christ at the center." Some would say that it's just another day. And I would say, "It's just the most important day (along with Resurrection Day of course)."

And so for me, it begins. I can't wait to put up the tree, bake the cookies, wrap the gifts, sing the carols..... It's all a big ol' party for a most amazing Child.

5 Comments:

At November 18, 2008 at 7:30 PM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

It is my favorite birthday party and I love to make it last as long as possible.

 
At November 18, 2008 at 10:30 PM , Blogger Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

So one of the things I CAN get excited about is thinking about Seth & Brandon actually being able to wish Jesus Happy Birthday live & in person! How awesome and amazing is THAT??

I was going to suggest we go staff party Christmas shopping together but then I realized that wouldn't work out so well for you.. Wanna come help me find a gift for my person??

 
At November 19, 2008 at 11:13 AM , Blogger The Franklin Family blog said...

Trav and I pulled out the boxes yesterday. :)

 
At November 20, 2008 at 12:43 PM , Blogger Keith said...

People, people, people..... Christmas is still 6 weeks away!!!!!!

 
At November 20, 2008 at 5:34 PM , Blogger Keith said...

Oh, I forget... this is the person who has a month long birthday........

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home