Friday, December 19, 2008

Same Song - Verse Two


We just have a bunch (or perhaps a pile, a wad, a load) of snow.  And it's still coming.  It is incredibly beautiful, but three inches would have been equally pretty.  THIS is what I don't enjoy about winter.  THIS reminds me of growing up in Montana and being snowed in.  THIS was fun for about a day.  IF I had all my shopping done, all my groceries packed away in the cupboard, all my cards mailed, I could just sit back and let it happen.  I like my house, but I don't like the feeling of being stuck in it.  Lessons in patience, practicing slowing down, learning to just take a breath and let life happen without everything being neatly finished and in order.  The "overachiever perfectionist slightly OCD" in me screams to get it all done.  I have SUCH a hard time leaving things unfinished.  And so we will venture out today before the next "pile" comes.  Dumb, I know.  But I just have that "one more thing" to accomplish.  THEN I will relax and "enjoy" our Snownami.  Or not....

2 Comments:

At December 19, 2008 at 2:19 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Okay, just because you don't have kids at home DOES NOT excuse you from taking pictures of you playing in your load of snow...I want some pictures at YOUR house :)

 
At December 19, 2008 at 5:11 PM , Blogger Cathey said...

Well, considering Whit and Trav and the two puppies are moving to our house tonight, we should get some pics as there will be much playing in the snow.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home