Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Big Chill


We finally got our first real snow.  It didn't come in the form of the HUGE blizzard that the weather folks predicted.  We didn't get the 8-12 inches they thought we were going to.  I have a little sympathy for these guys - Spokane weather is supposedly some of the hardest to predict.  And better to caution people more than less, I guess.  We ended up with a couple inches of very wet snow and then it promptly turned into an Arctic freeze which has now left two inches of ice on the roads.  Have I mentioned how much I don't enjoy winter driving?  Mostly I don't enjoy other people's winter driving.  The temp right now is 6.4 degrees - BRRRR!  Have I also mentioned how much I don't enjoy bundling?  I know, I know I should make the best of it since I have chosen to live in a place where winter is the longest season.  And I know there are some people who really love snow and couldn't wait for it to get here.  But technically winter doesn't start till December 21 - it would have been okay with me if it had waited till then.  

So this morning I am up early, watching the news, drinking coffee, and getting ready to bundle to go to church.  My first choice would be to hibernate till spring, but then I guess I would miss out on a lot.  Especially Christmas.  So maybe I will wait till the first of the year to hole up till those first warm spring days.   No Maui this year (boooo!!!!).  Guess I'll pile on the sweaters, get out my mukluks, put the hand warmers in my gloves......and it begins......SIGH.

1 Comments:

At December 16, 2008 at 6:16 PM , Blogger KrazyKaren4Kidz said...

Wish we had 3 feet for sledding and skiing--I love snow!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home