Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Looking Down the Road

Wish I could say I had something new and exciting to blog about. Winter continues and my disdain for the month of January remains. I don't like being cold, I miss the sun, I passionately dislike bundling up, I don't enjoy it being dark by 5:00. However, we are in the home stretch now. I realize there isn't generally a lot of change of weather in February, but there is something about the fact that it is short and one month closer to spring that makes it better. Almost there!

It totally boosted my spirits that today we are booking our condo for February 5-15, 2010. You may be thinking that it's a long way off, but one more January to survive with the reward of Maui beach time......  Gail and Roch and Whitney and Travis are going, too, and I'm am SOOO looking forward to it. Some of my favorite people in my favorite place in the world!

Another fun thing is that I officially started my new Executive Assistant position at Timberview. I am looking forward to a little something different than what I have been doing for the last six years, and I even have my own office space. I think the world of Pastor Glenn and look forward to assisting him in ministry. Delightful!

We are enjoying a nice new high def, blue ray t.v. thanks to one of the companies Keith distributes for and we added a new entertainment center (one thing ALWAYS leads to another....). We'll be hosting a small Superbowl gathering on Sunday to break it in.

So despite the weather, there are good times, good friends and things to look forward to. Another January bites the dust.....

2 Comments:

At January 29, 2009 at 8:39 PM , Blogger Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Yay a new post! I"m glad you're excited about Maui.. but Hey, who's going to cover for YOU when you're gone???

 
At January 29, 2009 at 10:45 PM , Blogger Cathey said...

371 days and counting. Everyone will just have to flounder around without me....:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home