Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ahhhh - Summer!!!!


I know, I know, I know. I have been a blogging slacker of late. So for my many followers (all 6 of you - haha!) here is your update as to why I have been slacking:
Summer is my FAVORITE time of the year. Summer is also my BUSIEST time of the year because we go places and do things and have company and, and.... So far this summer we have had different family and friends popping in and out and have gone to Seattle and Montana and are headed for the Oregon coast next week. My niece and her family are coming this weekend and I am excited to get to play with them! Our friend Lauren is in town with her kids while her husband is in Iraq so I plan to spend time playing with them as well. Dan and Mishell will be back in Aug. and we need to get down to Eugene to see Keith's mom before summer is over. We have a camping trip planned in Aug. with our friends Gail and Roch, and one in Sept. with sisters and spouses. No wonder summer goes by too fast!!!!

As you can see from my Maui countdown, I spend a lot of time anticipating the fun trip we have planned for Feb. Condo is booked, watching for cheap flights (no such thing), shopping for summer clothes, planning activities and dreaming about sunny beach time! It's so great that by the time winter hits I will have this little escape to look forward to.

Also on the schedule for fall - my awesome husband is taking me to a Celtic Thunder concert in Seattle in November. We'll do an overnighter, take in the concert and likely a few of our favorite Seattle sites. CT is, well, let's just say, my favorite group, and I am very excited to see them live once again. (Went to their show here in Spokane last December.)

For those of you who followed the puppy saga - all of Sydney and Taz's babies found homes. Three of them are with people we know so we get to watch them grow up. They are so adorable, but rather glad I am not house breaking and training one right now. Syd and Taz are old and mellow like their owners so I'm thinking, why start over?

Well, wouldn't want to overwhelm anyone with my exciting life, so I will save the rest for another post. Hope you're all enjoying summer as much as I am!




2 Comments:

At July 15, 2009 at 9:24 PM , Blogger Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Ah, but you get to train "vicariously" through those of us who whine to you.
(says the woman who just took a purple Croc out of the puppy's mouth..)

 
At July 27, 2009 at 1:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So now I know why I haven't seen you on Sundays!!! You are leading such an active and busy life :)

Actually I have been going early when it is cool. Some people love the heat. It is not my favorite, but then 7 months ago I didn't like 24 inches of snow in 24 hours!
Did I say snow?

Glad your not having to train puppies. Mine-now over a year old is still in training. I think he always be :( He would much prefer to stay outside in this heat, bark and dig holes. He does not like the window a/c on since he got his hair cut nor a fan blowing in the other room. He will not eat but a little bit and has to have his walk every morning or my day is torture!

I did see my family over the 4th which was great to see my grandniece for the first time-a little cutie with a smile that melts your heart. Do you know when some little ones crawl they look like crabs crawling across the beach? That is what Bea does. I think soon she'll be ready to take off and start walking. It is so special to see my nephew in his first "da da" role. He is a natural. Bea does know how to say ma ma but everyone else she calls a dog!

This weekend I will be taking in my sister's border collie & australian shepherd. They awake at 5 a.m. for breakfast & one best get up and get it for them or they put their heads on the bed and stare or bark at you. The same goes for 5 p.m. dinner time and they start pacing by 4 p.m. My dog-dear Cody-drives them nuts as they are so well mannered. It makes a few days interesting and keeps me busy trying to keep Cody in line!

Glad you are having a good summer. I am as well-content even though my trips are limitted to Spokane, Mead and once to Lake Roosevelt. Life is good.

Take care. See you when we both end up out in Mead :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home