Monday, March 12, 2007

About Birthdays



Well, here I am...one step closer to the half century mark. Birthdays don't bother me - in fact I enjoy them. Somehow my birthday manages to turn into a week long celebration of lunches, dinners, etc. which means that my birthday turns into a reason to gain another five pounds! But I appreciate that family and friends like to spoil me on my day and I will continue to relish the attention - ha!


For the most part I just want to thank God for the fact that I'm having another birthday in reasonably good health and with few aches and pains. I am thankful that my husband and kids are around me and that I can celebrate with them. I am delighted that I have so many friends who have sent their warm wishes or showered me with food and gifts (despite the increase of pounds on the scale). Overall, life is good and I am intensely grateful.

Next year, I will turn my birthday into a whole season, starting with a trip to Maui in January! Wonder how long I can stretch it out.....:)

3 Comments:

At March 12, 2007 at 11:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hope you have a great time on your birthday...birthdays are always special days for every one of us...and well you can also drop by my blog on Birthday Celebrations sometime for some really great ideas and resources to make your day special!!!

 
At March 17, 2007 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Oh, I'm a BAD niece...HAPPY BIRTHDAY...way late :( Hope it was a good one for you! How's the family doing? I'm noticing a trend with Mr.Keith...A once a month blog eh?

 
At March 18, 2007 at 2:16 PM , Blogger Sandy said...

Love the pic!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home