Monday, April 28, 2008

In Training


Hard to believe it was a whole year ago that I participated in this 10-miler and survived it! I even have the shirt to prove it. After my success last year, I promised myself it would be an annual tradition. The plan was to start getting out and walking sometime around the first of March. Our winter/spring just was not conducive to walking unless one enjoys hypothermia. So now my friend Gail and I are trying to play catch up to be ready for the hilly course by June 14. We're going to be walking 3-5 miles a few times a week. Yesterday we tackled the Triple Butte Loop - about three miles with a killer hill in the middle. Next Sunday is Bloomsday in Spokane. While others are walking/running 7.8 miles with over 50,000 other people, Gail and I are going to walk to the nearest Starbucks. It's a 5 mile trek with more than one nasty hill. We should be able to do it in an hour and a half and at the end there will be a nice grande mocha frappacino. Before the big race, we hope to walk to Starbucks and BACK at least once. If we can keep up the walking over the summer, we should be in awesome shape by fall!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home