Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Story of My Life.....

So one of the "perks" of having a husband who travels for his job is the fact that often when he's gone, something breaks or a crisis develops. Yesterday it was the fact that Sydney decided to have her puppies as he was flying to Las Vegas for a meeting. No problem - I can play midwife! All was going famously - Whit and Trav came to watch - the first healthy little boy puppy was born. After that everything came to a screeching halt. No more puppies even though I could still feel puppies. This resulted in calls to the emergency all night vet ( we know him well - $$) and eventually a trip downtown for a C-section at 5:00 a.m. The doc was very nice and identified the problem right away - a giant monstrosity of a puppy that was blocking the exit for everyone else. They are called "water dogs" due to the fact that they are the size of a piglet and look like they are full of liquid; a freak of nature as the doc informed me. I know this because the nurse just had to show me the "puppy" because it's so cool as they don't see them very often. Hideous - thanks for sharing - didn't REALLY need to see it! Anyway, the happy result is that we have four healthy puppies and Syd is recovering nicely. There are three boys (two black and tan like Taz and one red merle) and one little girl who is the blue merle like Syd. Whit and Trav are pleased as that is just what they ordered. So....happy ending....at least so far....

Here are the little beauties. Hard to get good pics due to their incessant eating, but more will follow.




1 Comments:

At April 20, 2008 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Okay, those are some CUUUUUTE puppies! I like that red one (merle?). I've always been left to fend for myself when puppies have been born, so I feel for ya'. Although the c-section thing would've been scary!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home