Sunday, March 16, 2008

Surprise!!!!!

I'm pretty sure this was the look on my face!

So despite the fact that I mentioned in a past blog that I reaaalllly don't enjoy surprises, my family SURPRISED me with a 50th party last night at our friends Karen and John's house. Apart from the first moments of horror and a desperate desire to flee when I realized that thirty people were all staring at me and singing, I survived and even enjoyed the time with a number of our closest friends. It was a delightful mixture of people mostly from our church family including Pastor Glenn and Nancy, former pastor and now Bishop Matt and Marlene, and assorted Timberview staff, small group members, and friends. It was a good time and while being the center of attention was somewhat painful for me, it was nice to feel loved and appreciated. Keith made all the food and Whitney helped with the planning - they put a great deal of time and effort into this gathering that didn't go unnoticed by me once I started speaking to them again. I made them each make a pact that this will be a one time event and there will be no more surprise parties in the future. The party part is fine, it's the surprise part that is not so enjoyable! Yikes! And I won't even mention all the lies that had to be told to make this event happen. I pray forgiveness for each and every one who took part in this massive deception.


All in all, I think I can put a wrap on turning fifty! I have certainly been the recipient of lots of well wishes, kindness and love. I am humbled and appreciative. But I am done now........

4 Comments:

At March 17, 2008 at 8:08 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Well, turning 50 IS a big deal! Surprises just means your family loves you an extra lot :) Happy birthday again (by the way, I still can't belive your 50! You look amazing!).

 
At March 17, 2008 at 8:47 PM , Blogger Cathey said...

Rachel, as of this moment, you are now my favorite niece - ha, ha!

 
At March 19, 2008 at 8:53 AM , Blogger Sandy said...

And you thought it was soooo funny when my family did it to me!!! (Think the picture accurately describes the feeling!)

 
At March 28, 2008 at 9:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're such a young 50!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home