Friday, February 29, 2008

TGIF


Today was one of "those" days for me. It seemed like Murphy's law was in full swing and just when I had limited time to get a million things done, several things fell apart and I felt like I spent the whole day "fixing" things and not truly accomplishing much of anything. I am usually a fairly patient and cheerful person, but by the end of my day today, I was feeling like I might unload on the next person I encountered. Everyone wanted a piece of me while I already had a full plate (is that a collection of cliches or what?!) On days like today I get frustrated, feeling like my service to the Lord becomes unproductive and unmeaningful. It felt to me like ministry got lost in the mundane.

However, as is often the case when I take the time to pray and surrender all those pent up feelings, the Lord brought me up short. Just when I was feeling like I just wanted to have a big pity party for myself, a dear friend had a crisis of sorts within her family. She just needed a hug and my presence - no words were really necessary or helpful. I had to ask forgiveness for my petty perspective and remember that you have to know trials big and small to know true joy. I was reminded how many things I have to be truly thankful for and that so many things are so much bigger than my bad day.

With all that in mind, I am looking forward to the newness of a new day tomorrow. I can go to bed, say my prayers, go to sleep (hopefully - my age and Tamoxifen give me fits in the slumber department) and get up tomorrow my cheerful self, grateful to be alive, and looking to do something meaningful in God's kingdom. My schedule includes some time in the gym, cleaning my house, chipping away at the giant snowbank in our driveway......not exactly things that will make an impact. But somehow as long as I leave myself available, God will use me in ways I don't plan for or expect. And I have to believe that it will be a whole lot easier for Him if I choose to put my Frustrating Friday behind me and begin anew.

1 Comments:

At March 1, 2008 at 5:30 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

I'm sorry you had a cruddy day, but it is funny (I guess, not really FUNNY) how God uses our "bummer days" to the glory of Himself...I've kind of watched that one a lot lately :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home