Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hints of Spring

It's a feeling more than a date on the calendar. It's a lightness of heart, a renewed ambition to clean and organize, a transition from heavy sweaters to lightweight ones, a taking advantage of the longer days. Ahhh, spring - it's just around the corner.

We still have piles and piles of snow and ice in the yard; it still freezes every night; I still have my studded snow tires on. But in my heart it FEELS like winter is wrapping up. It's the time of year I live for when I can actually anticipate long walks in the sunshine, doing my Precept studies on the deck, donning short sleeves and no coat, switching from hot lattes to icy green tea lemonade.

I'm thankful for the seasons even though winter is not my favorite and I KNOW I could be happy living where it's always summer! If not for winter, I couldn't appreciate spring. Bring it on!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home