Wednesday, March 12, 2008

On turning fifty....


So today I hit the half century mark. What an achievement! Some people may not feel that way about meeting this milestone, but I'm just grateful to still be having birthdays and will celebrate each year like it could be my last! I used to enjoy just letting the birthdays come and go relatively unnoticed, but since my bout with cancer, I consider each year another one to rejoice over! My birthdays now tend to last as long as two weeks with dinners, lunches, celebrations with family and friends. Who could complain about that (except for the fact that it's another excuse to put my weight loss plan on hold)?


Today I got to have lunch with my husband and kids without a lot of hoopla but it was just the way I like it! Alex came in from Cheney, Whit took a long lunch and Keith joined us between sales calls. I'm not one who likes being the center of attention and I would not enjoy a surprise party, so a simple lunch at Pita Pit was perfect! I received cards and warm wishes in the mail and via e-mail and just feel pretty special and very loved. What more could a fifty-year-old girl want for her birthday?!

3 Comments:

At March 12, 2008 at 5:05 PM , Blogger Today: In Seven said...

Hello, found your blog by pressing "next blog" and just want to wish you a happy birthday!!

 
At March 12, 2008 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Happy birthday!!!! The big 5-0 huh? That's definately something to celebrate!

 
At March 15, 2008 at 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home