Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sister....Friend......Forever

One of the highlights of my year is our annual Sisters Weekend. It started four years ago when my neighbor mentioned that she does this with her sisters each year and they have so much fun. I was just finishing up cancer treatment and was feeling quite reflective about spending time with those I love, so who better than my sis's. It has turned out to be a fabulous way to grow closer and stay connected as well as keep up with Mom and Dad, our husbands and kids.

The first year we met at the Coeur d'Alene Resort and shared a very fun and special weekend with a ton of laughs and a few tears, too. It was a chance to share our cancer stories and our feelings about a lot of things. We decided it HAD to become a tradition. We found it was easier for us to "meet in the middle" and moved the weekend to Missoula. We've stayed in a couple different hotels which were just fine -- it was always about WHO we were spending time with, not WHERE. We spend a lot of time talking and laughing, shopping, eating and drinking and just hanging out. Each year one of us hosts and is responsible for booking the rooms and making some plans about what to do as well as put together little hostess gifts for the other two. It's a blast!


Last year when Sandy hosted, she suggested a nice bed and breakfast place on the river, but couldn't get rooms. We decided to give it a try for this year. I was able to book a wonderful top floor room where we each had our own bed, a nice sitting area to relax in, a fun little balcony and a nice view of the river. We are hooked! Throw in free breakfast and we decided it was practically perfect! We met other folks who were staying there and enjoyed the homey atmosphere. We'll definitely be picking our date early this year so we can go back. I had hoped to post some pics of the place we stayed, but alas, my computer is still acting up and won't upload the photos. I will save them for a future update.


I feel so fortunate to have sisters that I love dearly and with whom I have NO conflict, competition or judgment. When we get back together each year, it's like we haven't been apart. I not only love Sandy and Bev, but I really, really LIKE them!


Well, here's to another Sisters Weekend - can't wait till the next time.

1 Comments:

At August 7, 2007 at 9:49 AM , Blogger Sandy said...

You've said it all, Cath. I love our time together to reconnect. Family visits just aren't the same! I love you both and can't wait to do it again next year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home