Saturday, June 9, 2007

He did it.....and it's a REAL diploma!

What a joy to watch Alex graduate with his classmates last night at the Spokane Arena. It was a huge sense of satisfaction and melancholy at the same time. No more bugging him about homework, paying for this and that, reminding him to show up for practices and extra credit events, talking to the attendance lady to get him out AGAIN. But sadly, no more drumline, concerts, dances, field trips, piles of friends at our house, funny lunchroom stories, updates on all the gossip (Whit was much better at that anyway) and on and on....


I refuse to even talk about him moving out of the house in the fall. I can only deal with so much at once!! On the adoption front, however, I almost have Alex's friend Sarah talked into moving in. She will be a senior at Mt. Spokane this year and is a darling little cheerleader. I think she might be just what the doctor ordered - ha! She's considering it. Well, not really, but I am working on her.

We are getting ready for his grad gathering tomorrow - it's supposed to rain (figures - it POURED at Whit's) so we're banking on being inside. Needless to say, I have lots that I should be doing so I will keep this short and do an update after tomorrow!
The Three Musketeers - Alex, Cal and Brian

1 Comments:

At June 9, 2007 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Congratulations Alex!!! I am terrible about this, but I have a card for him, sitting right here, that will go in the mail on Monday :) Hang in there on the "empty-nest" part...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home