Thursday, August 14, 2008

So Many Olympics, So Little Time





Well, I have been pretty much glued to the television every evening and I am staying up WAAY too late at night. I just HAVE to watch all the gymnastics and swimming, of course, and confess to staying up as late as 1:00 a.m. I KNOW I could record and watch later, but I know if I do that, I'll be watching practically every waking moment. Plus I might accidentally hear what happened before I see it and that's just WRONG. But I am loving all of it. It's so interesting to watch all the side stories of the athletes as well as everything that's going on in China. Fascinating place and people. I am more than slightly disappointed that some of the Chinese gymnasts are either way under age or completely growth stunted. Fake passports I'm thinking. Good for our athletes who became great the old fashioned way and weren't taken away from their families as early as age three to be the prodigies for their country. Hmm......'nuff said.

Okay so for the VERY FIRST TIME I am admitting that it would be nice to have a high def t.v. just to watch the Olympics. Whitney and Travis invited us to come watch the opening ceremonies on their big hdtv and I have to say, it was awesome. Everything in me resists the urge to purchase something that would take up a large chunk of our t.v. room and that would just encourage us to be glued to it more. But for certain occasions......
Go USA!!!!

4 Comments:

At August 15, 2008 at 9:34 AM , Blogger Eric said...

Hi-Def is awesome! We've had HD for a few years now, but until recently, none of the big TV networks were available in Helena in HD. Boo!

However, as of some time earlier this month, NBC became available in HD for us Helenans! Just in time for the Olympics! Yay!

Olympics, HD, late nights...I love it!

 
At August 15, 2008 at 10:16 AM , Blogger Robyn said...

Watch out, Kieth will be home with one tonight:-) I said once that it would be nice to have a flat screen that would hang on the wall. Eric was shopping that night. I barely had time to realize what I had suggested. I has been fun to watch the Olympics on though. They are on pretty much all day at our house as well. Braxton has been enjoying the beach volleyball.

 
At August 15, 2008 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Cathey said...

LOVE the beach volleyball! ....and pretty much everything else. Looking forward to some of the track events.

 
At August 26, 2008 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

We have spent a lot of time watching them but we lover the DVR so we can get the fast version of what is going on and skip the stuff we don't want to see.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home