Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer is the BEST!


Summer just puts me in a good mood. I love the sunshine, the heat, the shorts and flipflops, the BBQs, the watermelon, the long days. I never get tired of it. I've been trying to figure out if I would love it as much if I had this season year round or if I just appreciate it so much because I dislike winter so much. I can't imagine EVER getting tired of it. Summer is definitely the BEST!

We had a delightful dinner last night with our kids for Keith's birthday (yes, it's true, he is officially a senior citizen now. Yay for Senior Discounts!) We went downtown to the Sawtooth Grill for their famous burgers. The food was great, but it would have been fun anywhere. Spending time with our kids is ALWAYS the best of times.

Today is our 30th anniversary - WOW, thirty years. Where did they go? We can't possibly be old enough to have been married that long. The fact that our daughter is going to be 25 throws a wrench in my theory. Hopefully we will have 30 more - Happy Anniversary, Honey!

Since Whitney and Travis have been too busy to blog, I can tell you that they are working like crazy on their house and yard. It's looking great! In the next year or two they want to have it ready to sell so they can move to a bit bigger house somewhere farther north. Bigger is better - more room for grandbabies! (Smile, Trav!) It's fun to see everything they are doing and it's even inspiring us to get a few projects done on our own house. We're not planning on moving, but are well aware that we have to stay current and keep things up. Recently we started updating the main bath and Keith is working on expanding our driveway and adding a large retaining wall. This was prompted by all the snow this winter and having no place to put it. It's a big job, but it will look great.

Ah, summer! Hope it carries us through a LOOONNNG fall - I can't even think about snow!

3 Comments:

At July 17, 2008 at 8:01 AM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

 
At July 21, 2008 at 6:31 AM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

thought I would check the blog to see what is up with you. Hope you had a great weekend. Kim

 
At July 21, 2008 at 9:01 AM , Blogger Cathey said...

Kim - I love this cyber friendship we have developed especially since we attend different services and I never see you. Isn't blogging great!?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home