Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fame Takes its Toll....


I'm not one who generally blogs on what's going on in the world, but I have to say I am saddened by the whole Alex Rodriguez downfall. When my kids were young, Alex was a 20 year-old rookie for the Mariners and they really looked up to him as a classy team player who still spoke with some sense of humility. When we took a trip to spring training in Peoria, AZ, both of my kids met A-rod and got autographs. He was very friendly and not in the least full of himself. He seemed surprised at his success and was just happy to have reached his goal of playing professional baseball.

Wow - how things change when money and fame come into the picture. He seems to no longer have a clue about what is true, what is right, no sense of loyalty and confused about everything that matters in this world. His poor wife and kids..... He is really a lost soul. I guess it's just a reminder that the "heroes" in the world are fallen humans, too and that sometimes getting all you think you want is a pitfall rather than a blessing.

1 Comments:

At July 8, 2008 at 10:32 PM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

It is sad to see this. Kids look up to people like him, I hope he makes some changes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home