Saturday, June 21, 2008

Trav's First Triathlon


Today we went out to Medical Lake to watch Travis participate in his first ever Mini Triathlon. He swam across the lake, biked 13 some miles and ran 3.5 miles. He did fantastic and he's my hero! He did so well and even had some energy left over at the end, so we went to Tomato Street for a celebration dinner with his mom and brother. I'm proud of you, Trav!
We were able to enjoy some time in a park waiting for each portion of the event, so we took Ali and Buzz. They were a big hit and even had a couple interested people who asked for our phone number. We'll see what happens, but we were encouraged that one of these days, Buzz will find a home. In the meantime, we're enjoying his happy-go-lucky personality - he makes us smile.
I'm loving these nice long days! There's nothing like summer.....

3 Comments:

At June 23, 2008 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

He did great!! I told him so on his blog. I hope you had a fun time watching and it means a lot when you come across the finish line to hear someone you know and love cheering for you.

 
At June 23, 2008 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Cathey said...

I read that you have done Tri's, too - after watching Trav, I have so much admiration for all the training, stamina and mental dedication it takes. I LOVED watching, but realized my annual 10-miler will be enough for me!

 
At June 23, 2008 at 9:52 PM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

10 miles is more than enough.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home