Friday, September 5, 2008

Time to Send Up Some Flares

From time to time I have mentioned Baby Seth who was born with a severe heart defect. He came through his first surgery well and now it's time to do Phase 2. He will have the "Glenn" procedure on Sept. 11. Please add Seth and his parents, Kathryn and Leland (as well as bros and sis) to your prayer list for that day. He is adorable; huge eyes and awesome smile. You know me and babies, I would love to get my hands on him more, but they have to be very careful not to expose him to stuff, so I've had to satisfy myself with playing with his toes. I'll be praying BIG time on the 11th.

Also I have mentioned my friend, Mitch Thomas, son of our former pastor. He has a very aggressive form of leukemia. It appears there isn't much more they can do for him and they are sending him home after battling for 16 months. We all know God can do miracles, and we pray for that, but we also trust God in how he cares for Mitch and what his will is. Please pray for the family (especially his new wife Chelsea) as it is hardest on them. "May the peace of God that passes all understanding guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus".

2 Comments:

At September 5, 2008 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Kathryn @ Expectant Hearts said...

Cathey, thanks so much, for your prayers and the "call out" to others.. We greatly appreciate it.. (My kids are SO jealous that Seth is "famous"! tee hee).

 
At September 8, 2008 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

I went up to pray for mitch tonight. it was beautiful. I am praying for Kathryn and her family also. It is neat to see how our church family is coming together

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home