Thursday, August 30, 2007

Rachel, This is for You!!!

So my niece, Rachel, "tagged" me to play a little blogging game and I promised I would write 8 random facts about myself on my blog. If I could think of anyone to "tag" I would, but no one I know blogs! (Get on that, would you?)

So, Rachel, (and whoever else might read this), here you go:

1. I am crazy about babies. To me there is no better feeling in the whole wide world than holding a baby (especially the teeny newborn kind). I have often thought it would be fun to be one of those people who volunteer in hospitals to hold the babies. I seriously have a way with them - they just relax in my arms. Needless to say, this is why I so look forward to grandchildren, because I definitely will NOT be having any more babies!

2. I love shopping! For me it's not about buying stuff, it's about the game of finding the best bargain ever! I shop all kinds of stores, including thrift stores, but I only buy something if it's a great deal. I think it's against my religion to buy anything at full price. I love finding gifts for people and I have a cupboard dedicated to fun little bargains I have found that I will give to someone on a special occasion.

3. I love spending time with my kids. Even though they are big people now, there's nothing better for me than having the whole fam together, listening to them interact, sharing what's going on in their lives, hearing about what they're thinking, enjoying the laughter. I'm eternally grateful for them and the fact that I still get to be a part of their lives. They're good people.

4. I am crazy about summer and hot weather! I would be perfectly happy to live somewhere where the temp was ALWAYS between 75-85 degrees. I think growing up in Montana gave me my fill of snow and cold, and I really don't enjoy it when we have it (maybe just a little on Christmas Eve.) To me, Maui is just a little piece of paradise that I can't get enough of. My dream would be to manage a small set of condos on Sugar Beach...

5. I don't like to cook. To me, it is the least fulfilling thing I do. You can spend HOURS making something fabulous, it's gone in 15 minutes and you have a mess to clean up. A personal chef would be on my list if I had unlimited funds - and worth every penny! I would take that over a housekeeper any day.

6. One of my favorite things is sleeping. I am an eight or nine hour a night girl and I just love laying amongst the blankets all warm and cozy. In winter I think I could easily hibernate with no problem. I am slow to wake up - usually it takes a couple cups of coffee - and I don't like to be rushed in the morning.

7. I don't like being surprised. Someone jumping out at me results in immediate anger for me. I don't like being the center of attention, and I am a planner, so I'd rather not be surprised, even in a nice way. Whitney surprised me once by coming home from Seattle for my birthday and just showing up at the restaurant where we were eating dinner. This resulted in me getting all emotional and drippy in the restaurant. This leads to number 8......

8. I cry easily. This has always frustrated me. I wear my emotions just under the surface and it doesn't take much for them to come out. I cry at movies, Hallmark commercials, and when someone else cries. I can tear up at the silliest things and wish I could figure out how to turn that off, but I never have figured it out. On the other hand, I laugh easily, too, so hopefully it balances out.

Well, this was probably more information that anyone needs or wants to know, but it was an interesting little exercise. Thanks, Rachel! Love ya!

2 Comments:

At September 7, 2007 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

Yay, you did it!!! Thanks for posting that :) How are you guys these days?!?

 
At September 8, 2007 at 8:42 PM , Blogger Cathey said...

We're all good as well as good and busy! I'm in the midst of a pastor transition at work, going away gatherings for our former pastor (I made the scrapbook for the congregation) & Fall Kickoff - crazy and working too many extra hours. Things should settle down soon, especially after we get Alex settled at EWU on the 21st & 22nd. Happy birthday to Layelle - what a cutie! Loved the invitation - wish we could come!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home