Saturday, August 25, 2007

Employment Update

Just a quick blog to announce that Travis now has a full-time continuing contract with the Mead School District. He will be teaching 6th grade at Shiloh Elementary (the first house we owned in Spokane was nearby). This is very excellent as it's just what he wanted and we are very proud! Needless to say, things at the Franklin household are very upbeat! He and Whitney have been busy setting up his classroom and he has already had meetings to meet the staff and make plans for the upcoming school year. How great! They both start their new jobs right after Labor Day.

Whit, Travis, Keith and I are headed to Coeur d'Alene today for a little boat excursion on the Lake. We're so fortunate to have friends with access to yachts - much better than owning a little boat of our own (cuz that's the only kind we could afford, and I am not into rowing!). I am taking my camera, so hopefully I will have some pics to post soon. It will be fun to spend time with Whit and Trav and they have been so busy we haven't had a chance to hear many of the fun details about their vacation, new jobs, etc.

Alex is busy squeezing in as much friend time as he can before he leaves for Eastern. Some of his friends are already gone, but he manages to find someone to do things with all the time. He is currently without a roommate still as they assigned him a new one that was creepy (a senior who wanted to room with a freshman - weird!). Fortunately the housing department is pretty flexible, so maybe they will find him a new one. I told him if he keeps scaring them off, he will end up all alone. He said, "That's the idea!" Ha!

Tomorrow is Pastor Matt's last day at Timberview, so I know church will be all sad and drippy. There's a farewell open house in the evening, so nothing like stretching the whole affair out over all day. I made them a scrapbook on behalf of the congregation that will be presented at the open house. I refuse to give it to them myself, because I get all soppy and emotional, so someone else will have to do it. I really detest good-byes and generally refuse to say them, so I'll just say "See ya later" and hope that will suffice.

Well, off to our little jaunt. More later.

1 Comments:

At August 26, 2007 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Sandy said...

I can well imagine things are "upbeat" at the Franklin household! Congrats to both of them!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home