Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Birthday, Alex!


I know this is a day late, but I was busy working and celebrating with Alexander Jordan Cone who turned 19 yesterday. Our celebration amounted to dinner at Tomato Street (one of his favorites) and then out to the house to open gifts and share strawberry shortcake (his favorite dessert) and some puppy holding.

It's still hard for me to think of him as all grown up now and hopefully he still "needs" me from time to time even though he is almost completely independent. I think back over the years with all the laughter as well as the few gray hairs he induced and how much joy he has brought to our family. I see so many good qualities in him: an adventurous spirit, a sensitivity toward other people, kindness, humor, ambition..... I'd like to take credit for some of those great characteristics, but since he isn't genetically linked and since I can't say that I alone instilled all of those in him, I have to give God credit for making him all the wonderful things he is.

Alex, I love the person you are and am so delighted to call you my son. I love spending time and talking with you and I especially love your big bear hugs. I know God has big plans for you, so leave yourself open to Him and always remember to put Him first and keep pointing other people in the right direction (cuz that's one of your gifts!) I can't wait to see where you will go in life and the great husband and father you may one day be. Love ya son!

1 Comments:

At May 12, 2008 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

Happy birthday ALEX!!! We think of you and your family often, and miss you all! Hope you had an awesome day :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home