Saturday, May 10, 2008

Walking, walking, walking.....


So today Gail and I felt challenged (well mostly Gail felt challenged and I just forced myself) to walk 10 miles to prove that we could do it ahead of the big race day. We were joined for the first half of the "course" by our friend Lana who could basically kick both of our butts in the walking department. But she was nice enough to slow her pace so that we could visit along the way. We did take a brief refresher at Starbucks at the halfway point, and accounting for that, we did the just under ten miles in 2.5 hours. By the last hill pretty much everything on my body was complaining, but we did it! I think we will be in good shape to finish the 10-miler and maybe even beat our last year's time. Yes, it's painful, but there are rewards in the suffering! (I'll let you know what they are as soon as my body stops hurting!)

Our puppies are growing up! They are eating solids now and tormenting each other (yes, they do have teeth). They are super cute and getting distinct personalities. Cramer is the big lovable thug, Ali is the quick learner and pretty much rules the roost, Woody has become somewhat needy and a bit of a whiner, and Buzz is the friendly boy who wants to be with people all of the time. I'll get some new pics posted as soon as I can wrangle them into holding still long enough.

Happy Mom's Day to my wonderful Mom and other the other awesome moms out there. I know I have the best one in the whole world, but I'm sure there are some other great ones! Roch and Keith are whipping up a fabulous brunch for our families tomorrow. Travis's mom, Karen, is in town and will join us at church and the brunch. She's just visiting though and will head back to Vancouver on Monday. She plans to head to China in June to visit Dan and then will probably move up after that. As for me, I love being a mom and think my kids are extra fabulous! Happy Mom's Day to me, too!

2 Comments:

At May 12, 2008 at 3:35 PM , Blogger The Franklin Family blog said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

 
At May 12, 2008 at 6:37 PM , Blogger Cathey said...

Thanks so much for the neat card and gift. I know you covered for your brother, too and it was nice of you to include him. It was especially fun to spend the day with you. Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home