Monday, September 8, 2008

Fantasy Football Woes

Yep, this pretty much sums up Week One.

Well, my lack of football saavy and letting the computer pick for me was definitely evident Week One. Matt Hasselbeck and his offensive crew were a bust against Buffalo. Two of my wide receivers scored less than 5 points and the highest point players were on my bench. Two of my bench players got injured and my team looks a little like a train wreck. I'm stressing out over which of my running backs and quarterbacks to start this week and something tells me I will end up with the right guy on the bench. This is fun, right? Travis assures me that the loser this year gets first picks next year - there's always hope, right? Except that I probably will know no more about football next year. Oh well, it's fun to have something to whine about.....

It's definitely feeling fallish around here in the mornings and evenings --- AAACK! I'm not done with summer yet! I'm not ready for being cold and bundling. I dread snow and icy roads. Winter puts such a downer on fall. I miss summer already....shorts and flip flops, absorbing Vitamin D on my deck, long evenings.......SIGH. No Maui this year......double SIGH!

Can you tell I have a Monday state of mind today? I think I'll go for a walk to inspire an attitude adjustment. I'll try not to think about whether Jake Delhomme will do better or worse than Matt Hasselbeck and whether to start Reggie Bush or Maurice Jones-Drew and who I could pick up to replace my two injured wide receivers...... Help me out here, people!

4 Comments:

At September 8, 2008 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Eric said...

Jake Delhomme looked pretty darn good against the Chargers yesterday, but it's hard to put your main man on the bench (wait, that didn't sound right. Your main Fantasy man...er...well...sorry Keith!)

Bush did pretty well yesterday, and MJD is up against that tough Bills D that stifled your 'Hawks so I'd go with Bush for sure and Delhomme if you're feeling down on Hasselbeck.

Good luck!

(It's funny that we're 'talking' about Fantasy Football!)

 
At September 8, 2008 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Cathey said...

Thanks for the insight, Eric - I was actually thinking of going those two ways for the very reasons you mentioned - ha, ha! I'm not down on Hasselbeck as much as just accepting that his offense is a mess, especially with Burleson out now and Branch as well. Anyway, thanks.....this FF stuff is just too much pressure!!!

 
At September 8, 2008 at 6:01 PM , Blogger Life is short but God is sweet said...

let me just say you are starting to scare me. I am glad you are having fun.

 
At September 8, 2008 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Cathey said...

I warned you I would obsess!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home